Dopest photo-shoot ever
Fallback game on 3hunna.
Women in Ancient Egypt
- Women and men in ancient Egypt enjoyed the same legal and economic rights. Women could divorce their husbands and remarry.
- Women and men were also subject to the same punishments.
- Women worked many of the same jobs men did, most in the fields. Life was tough, though women did live longer than men (58, 54)
- Women could hold political office, with several examples of female pharaohs available. There were at least 5, not including the Cleopatras and other Greek rulers.
- Women could also hold lower political office, with many being scribes.
- Women who were on their periods were considered to be removing impurities. They were excused from work and forbidden from some religious areas.
- It is worth noting that when Egypt was conquered by Greece, Egyptian women retained many more rights than their Greek counterparts.